Thursday, December 30, 2010

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

December 25.

My final Christmas movie of the holiday season is one of the best, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." This is the third "Vacation" and my favorite of the four. The movie does a great job of showing all the good and bad parts of the holidays, mostly how you want your family around but can't stand them once they're there.

The Griswold's are great (with an age shifted Audrey and Rusty) and all the secondary characters including grandparents, the yuppie neighbors, and even Clark's boss are perfect. But, of course, the return of Eddie and Catherine in a broken down trailer really makes the movie - way back when Randy Quaid was just crazy in the movies.

I've been watching this movie since I was a kid and I can't imagine a year without seeing it.

1 comment:

  1. This movie is also a tradition in my family. It's crazy to think that even after European Vacation, (which is OK but really disappointed after Vacation,) this movie turned out so well.

    I agree that Randy Quaid makes the movie. The line "Everytime Catherine revved up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour" gets me every time

    ReplyDelete