Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Christmas Story

December 25.

Ok, so I didn't start "A Christmas Story" at the beginning, but it doesn't matter. I just watched it through and then let it start again and once the kid stuck his tongue to the pole, again, I knew I'd seen the whole thing.

I didn't really like this movie as a kid. The adults are mean, the kids are mean, Randy's gross, the mom is nuts, Santa's scary. This movie just always made me uncomfortable. But I am an American and I wouldn't want to offend my fellow countrymen. So every year I do my civic duty and watch. Some of it has grown on me. The leg lamp and the Chinese Christmas dinner are my favorite parts.

TBS is taking advantage of all of us though. They know we have to watch so they show these really long commercials for their awful shows. TBS, you can stop, I won't see you again until next year.

3 comments:

  1. I have a theory I developed this year. I think only men like this movie. I just don't think it's that funny. It's not horrible, but I don't understand the appeal of it. I much prefer "It's a Wonderful Life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're right. Maybe it's just a boy movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this movie so many times that I dont think I like it as much anymore. This year it was more of a bother to watch it but I still did. It's not Christmas without this movie, but I am over it. Glad its a once a year deal!

    ReplyDelete