Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Love You Phillip Morris

December 26.

"I Love You Phillip Morris" is only playing in one theater in Las Vegas so I'm guessing not a lot of people are going to see it. But, it's so good I really hope people find their way to the theater.

Jim Carrey is twisted, touching, and funny in this real-life story of con man Steven Russell, who, after years of marriage, decides he's gay and starts committing insurance fraud to live a new life in Miami. He gets caught, goes to jail, and that's where the story really gets started. He falls in love with the sweet, cute inmate Phillip Morris (Ewan McGregor). Once out, he pulls a few more successful cons and gets caught and breaks out of jail numerous times - all in the name of love, he says.

The comedy is dark, the sex is explicit, and the story is sort of unbelievable, but it really happened, I looked it up. Although, even if it hadn't it'd still be fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment