Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Social Network

October 2.

Even after "The Social Network" ended I didn't know if I liked or hated Mark Zuckerberg (the creator of Facebook played by Jesse Eisenberg), but I loved the movie either way.

David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin should never stop working together. The story of how Facebook was created by a Harvard undergrad and his friends could be told in a magazine article or story on the news, but it was was turned into an engrossing, funny, interesting movie that I think anyone would like.

The cast of young, mostly unknown, actors is amazing. And, I know people talk about Justin Timberlake being able to do whatever he wants, but I think he really can. He was great as the creator of Napster.

I don't know how accurate the story is or who I side with, but hey they're all rich, so who cares.

2 comments:

  1. I was listening to a local public radio show and they had one of the twins on and he said that while there are some embellishments for storytelling purposes, it was fairly accurate. Haven't seen it yet but a lot of people seem to be raving about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the fact that none of the guys the movie is about will acknowledge it should show how truthful it is. I still don't know if I think the Zuckerberg is an asshole though. I kind of do kind of don't. You'll have to see it and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete