Friday, October 1, 2010

Bella

October 1.

The moment Jose (Eduardo Verastegui) appeared on screen I knew what the title "Bella" was referring to. Well, OK, maybe that's not what it means, but wow, the Mexican actor is gorgeous.

"Bella" is gorgeous, too. The story, which primarily takes place during one day in New York, unfolds in such an interesting way it's hard not to fall in love with all the characters and their imperfections.

Although the movie is billed as a romantic story between Jose, a cook at a Mexican restaurant, and Nina, a pregnant waitress, it's not romantic in a traditional way. It's more about love and family and the path life takes you on.

This is what an indie movie should be. Bella.

4 comments:

  1. I should tell my mom about this one. That actor was in this movie she likes called "Chasing Papi" (which he would never make now because he's a Born Again Christian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main actor became a Born Again Christian? I haven't seen Chasing Papi, is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked it but I don't know if I would call it a good movie. Sofia Vergara is in it as one of the women who is, uh, chasing papi...
    But, yeah, I guess while he was filming that movie he was working with a vocal coach who inspired him to reaffirm his Catholic upbringing. Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are too many movies to see! I'll add it to my Netflix Q. :-)

    ReplyDelete