Saturday, October 16, 2010

French Kiss

October 15.

Keeping with my Francophile trend, but too tired to read subtitles, I turned to the tried-and-true rom-com "French Kiss."

The main characters are played by Americans, but everyone else is French and about 98% of the movie takes place in France. Kevin Kline, who's always awesome, is great as the grungy, thieving French man, Luc (Luuuuucccc). And, Meg Ryan, as the soon-to-be-Canadian-ex-American, Kate, was still in her cute, girl next door phase.

I love this movie. It's funny and sweet. Beautiful shots of Paris, the French countryside, the coast, lots of wine, cheese, and, of course, kissing. Magnifique.

After I watched it I noticed I could turn the language to French. I might have to do that once I get further into learning the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment