Saturday, August 14, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

August 14.

"Scott Pilgrim vs. The World," with my favorite maybe overexposed geek Michael Cera, is visually interesting and unique but I never really got why he is fighting this girls exes or how all these normal people have super powers. I get that it's fantasy but I don't get the story. The whys.

The critics and a lot of my friends seem to love it, so maybe my problems stem from the fact that I don't play or have any interest in video games or comic books, which this movie seems to be born from.

The premise, Cera has to fight his new girlfriend's seven exes in order to date her, I get (well not why, but OK). But did they have to fight each other to date her? Does the loser of each fight die?

So, I didn't hate it but I don't know. It's probably just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment