Saturday, August 21, 2010

Exit Through the Gift Shop

August 21.

After waiting for "Exit Through the Gift Shop" to finally get to Las Vegas and about five failed attempts to see it with some friends, I snuck off on Saturday afternoon and caught the film in a small, crowded theater.

When reading the description of the movie, which started out as a "filmmaker's" attempt to get the famous and elusive street artist Banksy on film but ended up with Banksy turning the camera on the "filmmaker," I was confused. But, it doesn't matter what the description is or why the movie was made. It is amazing from beginning to end. Even if I didn't completely know what was happening until close to the end. I loved the art and laughed the entire time.

I can't explain what happens without giving away the humor and twist of the story. All I can say is I loved it and can't imagine that anyone wouldn't. If you love art, if you think art can be joke, if you think street art is beautiful or if you think it was cool but now it's not because everyone says it is, if you don't even care about art, I still can't imagine you wouldn't be interested in this movie.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to check this movie out. Banksy is actually from my hometown, Bristol, England. I remember seeing his work everywhere. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell, you will love this movie! Check it out and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete