Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dinner for Schmucks

August 22.

Paul Rudd. Steve Carell. Dead mice dressed up as people. This should have been a great movie. It wasn't.

First, I hate movies where a lot of misunderstandings send characters running and ruin other character's other lives. It was from the same director as "Meet the Parents," so I should have known. Second, there was too much build up getting to the dinner so by the time they got to the dinner it didn't really matter anymore.

There were definitely a lot of Schmucks in the movie. And, a lot of familiar hilarious actors including a few of my favorite British actors.

This was a remake the French film "Le Diner de Cons." And, even though I didn't like this adaptation, I'll have to give the original a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment