Sunday, January 31, 2010

Youth in Revolt

January 30.

I finally got to see "Youth in Revolt," which was everything I expected it to be and 100 times better than "Leap Year." It was funny, silly, and sweet. Michael Cera was perfect as romantically-challenged teen, Nick Twisp and laughable as his bad-boy alter ego Francois Dillinger. (The white pants were ridiculously perfect.)

It's really just a teen comedy but the characters are interesting and the cast is great. Jean Smart plays Nick's aging, trashy mother with a series of boyfriends Zach Galigianakis, and Ray Liotta. And I was pleasantly surprised to see Steve Buscemi as Nick's annoyed father. (I always love Buscemi.)

Although it doesn't seem like it will be the "American Pie" of the '10s(?have we decided how we're doing this yet?), I think it's a more interesting teen-sex comedy.

2 comments:

  1. I have a crush on Michael Cera but I never see any of his movies. Odd...

    ReplyDelete