Monday, January 11, 2010

Avatar

January 9.

I didn’t really want to see “Avatar” when it first came out. I heard about the effects and the special cameras and the billion dollars James Cameron spent on making it, but I wasn’t sure I cared. But, as it slowly became one of the highest grossing movies ever, I thought instead of letting this turn into a “Star Wars” situation, (“I’ve never seen “Star Wars” and whenever I tell people, they look at me like I’m crazy.) I’d better see it.

So, Boba and I decided to go on New Year’s Day, which didn’t exactly work out. A week later we traveled to Santa Fe Station to see the 3D version. And the 3D was perfect! Completely unlike the trailer we saw for “Piranha,” which had objects flying out at us for shock value. Avatar’s 3D gave us a new dimension and brought us into Pandora. Surprisingly, in two-and-a-half hours not one object was thrown at my head.

I liked the movie a lot more than I expected. The story was good and the visuals were interesting, although not as interesting as the two guys on either side of Boba and me thought. They were very impressed and wouldn't shut up. There were a few moments I drifted, but I’m not sure if the story got boring or if it was the alcohol. Either way, I’d recommend people catch the movie in the theater, and in 3D.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I havent seen the movie and I too, have never seen Star Wars, but I am trying to step out of my comfort of only seeing "Chick Flicks" so I think I am going to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. There's a cute guy and a great love story, too!

    ReplyDelete