Saturday, January 9, 2010

Leap Year

January 8.

Ehh, OK, I knew I wasn't going to like this, but my friend Gigi and I had plans to see "Youth in Revolt" at Town Square. So, we met for some wine and food at The Grape first and by the time we got our tickets and popcorn the theater was packed. The only seats left in the tiny room were in the front row. Instead of getting a neck injury we stepped into "Leap Year" (I seriously thought it was called Leap Day until just now) with a few other friends we ran into just a few minutes before.

Gigi couldn't get over the ridicolous high-heels Anna (Amy Adams, who I usually love) ran around in the entire movie, and I didn't understand why no one was wearing a coat in Ireland in February. Although, the way every scene looked as if people were standing in front of a green screen, I'm sure no one went to Ireland to film this.

The movie had a serisouly dumb story line about a control freak (Bitch as Gigi called her) chasing her doctor boyfriend to Ireland to propose to him on leap day - because in 2010 you couldn't propose to a man on say, June 3. It's also stupid to think two people who are buying an apartment together in a wealthy neighborhood in Boston wouldn't have discussed marriage at this point of their four year relationship.

The only thing goode about this movie is Matthew Goode. His character is whatever, but he is hot with his accent and sneaky smile. More Matthew Goode, less stupid Chick Flicks!

Gigi and I both thought we should have had at least one more glass of wine or brought the flask for this one.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same thought about the engagement! And I'm sorry, but if a guy gave me a pair of sparklers like that, I wouldn't complain that they were earrings. I hate how these chick flicks portray supposedly smart, successful women as only having marriage on the brain. Are there actual women out there like that? Because I haven't met any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Layla. I don't know why romantic comedies have to be so idiotic.

    ReplyDelete