Monday, January 25, 2010

This is Spinal Tap

January 23.

Roger Ebert has a list on his website of his favorite movies of all time, and I decided I wanted to watch them. The list is vast and doesn't stick to any one genre, but is full of movies any movie fan should have seen. So, I thought it could be interesting, even though with 315 movies on the list so far it's going to take years to see them all and still keep up with new movies.

Ebert's list isn't in any order, so I added them all to my Netflix queue and somehow arranged it so "This is Spinal Tap" was my first. Although I knew a lot of the jokes - the 18" Stonehenge prop and the loudest amp with the dial that goes to 11, to name a few - I had never seen this movie, which came out when I was 5. I loved it just as much as other Christopher Guest mockumentaries. The absurdity of this rock band is hilarious. And I look forward to my next Roger Ebert selection, even though I know the dreaded SciFi and horror flicks are among them.


No comments:

Post a Comment