Monday, February 22, 2010

You've Got Mail

February 20.

"You've Got Mail" is one of those movies I always stop at when flipping channels. It represents a surreal New York that doesn't exist. It's all good weather and smart people living in beautiful, spacious apartments. Oh well, I still like it.

If you're an old movie fan check out the pre-email versions that I also liked. There is the 1940 version, "Shop Around the Corner," starring James Stewart, where two shop employees in Budapest who hate each other fall in love through anonymous letters. And the 1959 version, "In the Good Old Summertime," starring Judy Garland. The musical take on the story is set in turn-of-the-century America and follows the same formula: Man and woman hate each other but fall in love through letters.

2 comments:

  1. I pretty much feel the same way about this movie. I watch it every time it's on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted this movie a few different times because Oxygen was playing it over and over. My dream is to run a little book shop.

    ReplyDelete