Sunday, February 28, 2010

L.A. Without a Map

February 27.

The second bad movie I saw this weekend was "L.A. Without a Map." I saw it because a few weeks ago on a classic Howard Stern show he interviewed Vincent Gallo, who I hadn't heard of before. He was weird and funny and interesting, so, I added some of his movies to my Netflix queue. I got this one first and thought it was something I'd like.

American girl meets British writer while on vacation in England. He falls in, well he likes her, and follows her back to L.A. Sounds OK? It's not. The whole story moves so quickly it's completely unrealistic. The scenes would start in, what seemed like, mid sentence and I always felt like I was missing something. The American girl was played, poorly, by Vinessa Shaw, who although started her career in the kids soccer flick "Ladybugs," has gone on to be a pretty good actress.

I did like the Johnny Depp cameo. For most of his scenes he played a poster of himself in some Western and never spoke. I always read he took no money for his part. I also liked Vincent Gallo and Julie Delpy as the doomed couples best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment