Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cop Out

February 27.

My weekend of bad movies started with "Cop Out." I love Tracy Morgan and feel like I must have had some affection for something Bruce Willis did but can't really remember what. So, when my friend, Side Cap, wanted to see the cop-comedy I thought, OK. Plus I feel like I always see depressing dramas, mostly because most comedies look awful. And this one was.

I guess it played off a lot of older cop movies that I never saw. So, a lot of the references went over my head. There was a lot of gory, violence, which I don't ever remember seeing in the "Police Academy" movies. OK, I'm joking, I'm not saying it should have mimicked the PA movies, but this was supposed to be a light, funny movie.

The story wasn't very good either. The NYPD partners get suspended for a eight weeks for screwing up a drug bust, which puts a wrench in Willis' character's plans to pay for his daughter's dream wedding. (Do you see the holes yet? She hasn't paid for anything and the wedding is two months away? And he hasn't started saving yet?) So he plans to sell his rare baseball card, which gets stolen by a small-time crook who sells it to the same drug dealers that they were supposed to catch in the beginning. There's definitely something better to see out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment