Monday, February 15, 2010

The Blind Side

February 13.

With a Valentine's Day gift bag full of fruity Boba drinks in hand, my friend, who I call Boba, and I went to see "The Blind Side." She wanted to see the movie about a wealthy family who opens their home to a homeless teen because of the football and I wanted to see it because Sandra Bullock, who plays the mother of the family, Leigh Anne Tuohy, has been winning all kinds of awards and is nominated for an Oscar for the performance.

So, although this is a "football movie" because it follows the true story of the Baltimore Ravens' Michael Oher's life before becoming a pro player, there isn't much football in the movie – which was fine by me because I don't understand football anyway.

Boba and I agreed the movie was good but it was a little predictable (and not just because we knew Michael was going to become a professional football player and because his real-life adoptive family has been on numerous talk shows since the movie came out telling their story). It just laid it all on a bit thick. Still, the performances were good and I guess warm and fuzzy can be nice sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see this movie when it first came out but now that it has been out a while, I am not sure if I will ever get around to it. I am a huge fan of Sandra Bullock so I dont know why I am not running to see this.

    ReplyDelete