Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Avenue Montaigne

June 15.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I'll tell you again - I love to watch movies if the setting is beautiful, exotic, interesting, and a character in the story. I've seen a lot of bad movies due to the lure of a glimpse at a city I love, or think I would love. But, sometimes, like in the case of "Avenue Montaigne," the gamble pays off.

Set during one day in Paris, "Avenue" is cute, funny, touching, and engaging. There wasn't one character I didn't like. The young waitress, the tired concert pianist, the desperate actress, the old art collector - they all had great stories, and I was interested in every one.

So many movies made up of vignettes are lacking and forced. But, "Avenue" has three perfect stories that intertwine to make a great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment