Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Miracle on 34th Street

November 24.

There's no way you can grow up with a TV and not have seen at least parts of "Miracle on 34th Street." And that's all I saw until now. Even though I'd never seen the iconic movie from start to finish I knew what happened and think I saw at least a part of each scene.

Miracle is super cheesy, maybe the cheesiest of all the Christmas movies, although there are some ridiculous things happening on the Hallmark channel. So even though the point of the movie is figuring out if this old man is just crazy or indeed Santa Claus it's still good and a great way to kick off the Christmas season, which I guess is why it's always on TV starting on Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

  1. I've actually never seen the entire thing, either.

    As far as Christmas movies go, I actually really like "It's a Wonderful Life." It's actually a very dark movie, but I think it has a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY VOTE IS FOR CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Wonderful Life is one of my favorites too. It's on my list of holiday watching.

    And, anonymous ... me too! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this movie. It is usually on after the Macy's parade on t.v. I got home on Thanksgiving to see it on the ABC Family channel...and it was the new version! Noooo! The original is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! You can't watch the new one. It isn't even Macy's, it's Cole's or something. Lame! Whenever I think of Macy's I think about the brawl we almost got into over the Regis shirt and then going back during Easter (giant Peep) and how crowded it was for the flower show. We always picked the wrong times to go.

    ReplyDelete