Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

November 22.

I've heard people say that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1"is kind of a waste. It doesn't really have a story or stand alone as a movie. I guess I see where these people are coming from, but I still really liked it.

It's beautiful, exciting, and fun. I wasn't bored, didn't think it went on too long, and wasn't ready for it to end. Watching Harry and his friends on the run was spooky and more adult than any of the other movies, which I guess it had to be since they are older, have left Hogwarts, and are running from an army of evil. All of this made it sad too. It's like the long goodbye. They are tying up loose ends, moving towards final declarations, and preparing for it to be over. I know it has to end, no one wants to see a geriatric Harry Potter, but it's still sad.

So maybe this movie is just a set up for Part 2 but it's still a must see for any Harry Potter fan.

2 comments:

  1. I loved it. I thought it was the best movie in a long time. I didn't really like 6, 5 was ok, 4 was 'meh.' You get my idea. But I simply LOVED this movie. Can't wait for the second part!

    ReplyDelete