Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Elf

November 25.

To continue my month-long holiday movie marathon (do I have to watch them all at once to call it a marathon? I'm not, so let's move on) I turned on "Elf."

I love this modern day holiday classic and was just thinking everyone must love it, right? They don't! Rotten Tomatoes has it at 84% for critics and 73% for audience. What?!? OK, I don't think this is the best movie ever made, but how could you watch "Elf" and then say, "nah, I didn't like that" or even "ehh, that was ok?"

Will Ferrell as Buddy the (human) elf running around a wintery white NYC in bright yellow tights, what's better than that? And, a great supporting cast with James Caan, Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, and so on.

I don't know Rotten Tomatoes, I think you missed the mark on this one. Viewers and critics should be resurveyed.

4 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    This is one of the best holiday movies ever! I have seen it more times than I can count and still laugh out loud! Rotten Tomatoes has it wrong on this one!
    Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! What's wrong with people. Recount!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of those people who saw it and went "eh." Maybe because I'm not in love with Will Ferrell the way everyone else is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't love him either. Most of his movies are ridiculous, but I just love this one. You should try it again. Or not. I won't force you.

    ReplyDelete