Thursday, May 27, 2010

Whip It

May 29.

I really expected to like "Whip It," even though it didn't get great reviews. I thought the mix of Ellen Page, Drew Barrymore and the group of brash, roller derby women would be fun. And, I guess it was for the first half.

The first half was good. I would have liked more roller derby. It looked hard and pretty painful, but it's the reason I was watching – a look into this world I can't even imagine. By the second half the movie took this fast-forward pace, with the introduction of character situations and conclusions all at once.

It's too bad "Whip It" wasn't better. I think it had a good script and some good talent, but the story telling was lacking. Hopefully, first-time director, Drew Barrymore, will try again and be more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment