Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sex and the City 2

May 29.

I loved the "Sex and the City" series when it was on HBO, so when the first movie "Sex and the City: The Movie" came out I was nervous but not totally disappointed. Sure, there were some issues, but I added the DVD to my SATC collection and have even watched it a second time. When SATC2 was announced, I was even more skeptical. And, once the reviews started I thought there is no way this is going to be good at all.

So, watching with Boba, who might be an even bigger SATC fan than I am, I had no real expectation. I definitely left more satisfied than Boba, but that's not really saying a lot. I think it was mostly sad to watch the women who have everything they ever asked for complain about what they have. There really was no story, and the stories for each of the women were weak and insulting to the fans. The jokes were not funny, forced, and full of puns. And, the fashion was far from forward and completely ridiculous.

I do miss SATC, but I'd much rather pop in an old DVD and watch Carrie and the girls when the writing and the stories were great. I have heard rumors of a third movie and I really hope they don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment