Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kick-Ass

May 8.

I liked, but didn't love "Kick-Ass." It was funny and unique but a little weird. I was with the story for the first half, as Dave turned himself into Kick-Ass. And, I was totally buying into the fact that when he encountered his first crime he was going to be able to handle himself. But, once he took on the first criminal and then the strange twist for the second and third, the cartoonish movie turned a bit too real.

I feel equally split about the young Hit-Girl. She was either the best or the worst thing about the movie. The actress, Chloe Moretz, is definitely amazing. She’s full of funny, smart energy, but the characters charm was overshadowed by her vulgarity.

It seems like this movie should have been made for young teens, but because of the language and graphic violence it wasn’t appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. I have not seen this movie, enjoyed your review, but have to ask:

    "I was with the story for the first half, as Dave turned himself into Kiss-Ass."

    Is Kiss-Ass a typo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yes. Kick-Ass is his name.

    ReplyDelete