Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Ghost Writer

March 6.

I definitely felt weird about going to see "The Ghost Writer," which was edited in 2009 by the writer-director of the film, Roman Polanski, while he was in a Swiss prison waiting to hear if he would be brought back to the U.S. to stand trial for raping a 13 year old in 1977. Should I have boycotted, I still don't know. But, since I'm just sharing my thoughts on movies I have to say, I loved this political thriller about the ghost writer of the former British Prime Minister.

It's set in Martha's Vineyard during the winter (although it was shot in Germany). The cold, deserted beach town is a creepy backdrop for the story, which starts with the first ghost writer washing up on the small island's shore. Prime Minister Adam Lang, played by Pierce Brosnan, is in hiding trying to finish the book and Ewan McGregor is hired as the new ghost. There are a lot of twists and turns and, you'll see as you read my blog that I never see the end coming.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this last weekend and liked it a lot. And, you're right, I didn't see the end coming.

    Of course, I enjoy anything in which I get to see Ewan McGregor's ass. LOL

    ReplyDelete