Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cedar Rapids

March 5.

Ed Helms should never stop singing. I love all his nerdy songs. And in Cedar Rapids he belted out the perfect Christmas tune about insurance.

There were other really funny moments in this movie about a sheltered insurance salesman who goes to a conference in the big city - Cedar Rapids. He makes new friends including the bad boy of insurance, John C. Reilly, and a hooker played by Maybe from Arrested Development, which was weird.

Even though I did really like this movie, I laughed a lot, cared about the characters, and was interested the whole way through, I kind of expected more. It got such good reviews and won film fest awards. So I thought I was in for more than a solid comedy.

Rating: Like

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how jealous I am that you saw this? I've wanted to see it forever. And it's only playing in our small indie theater out here, which is of course located in a ghetto. So who wants to drive out there? Bah. I guess I'll wait until the dvd comes out.

    ReplyDelete