Sunday, September 19, 2010

Moonstruck

September 19.

It's funny watching "Moonstruck" so many years after it was released. The idea that a 37-year-old woman is a desperate spinster who is waaay too old to have children doesn't seem to make sense since Carrie Bradshaw took over New York City.

But, this crazy Italian family played by Cher, Nicolas Cage, Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello, and on and on ... is still so much fun to watch. They are over the top and almost cartoonish. And I don't care that the whole movie is wrapped up in a neat little package at the end. It's still great.

3 comments:

  1. omg. my absolute favorite movie of all time, hands down. My mom and I would watch it every time it was on t.v. And now I got the Bushman into it. The whole opera scene...*sigh* How freaking romantic! (even if it is with Nicolas Cage) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen it until a few months ago, and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole Nic Cage/Opera is great. He's all rough around the edges and doesn't seem exactly bright, but he looooves the opera. It's just so funny. And romantic.

    The whole movie is great. I love it too.

    ReplyDelete